P16 runs 'excellent' café

09 Feb 2017

P16KJ and P16JM classes worked hard to plan and deliver a very successful café for customers from within and outside school today.

They spent time learning about body language, personal grooming and how to speak to the public.  They also thought carefully about situations they might face when working in a café and rehearsed what to say.  The classes also staged a practice café together before the big day.

All students arrived at school wearing work clothes and were issued with a uniform.  They worked hard to set up the café so it was a pleasant environment for the customers.  The café was very well received and the students’ improved communication and customer service skills were really evident throughout.

Check out their first review by Mike Evans, Chair of Governors....

This was my first visit to the Post 16 Café at Ravenswood School and I was not disappointed. When I arrived, I was warmly greeted and shown to my table. The member of staff very politely asked me what I would like from the menu and made a careful note of my order. After a few moments he came back to my table to let me know that there would be a slight delay with my drink, but my food was served immediately and was delicious. All the members of staff were very attentive and polite and made my visit extremely enjoyable. Tables were cleared and cleaned extremely efficiently ready for the next guest. In hope I will get another opportunity to go back to this café!

Overall rating: 5-star rating Excellent

P16 Cafe     P16 Cafe