You can use either method:
1. Complete an application by hand (either the word or the pdf version opposite) and return it to Ravenswood School.
2. Complete the Word version of the application form electronically and email it as an attachment to:
CVs are not accepted.
Hours: Full time, plus INSET days
Salary: Leadership L5-L9
Actual Salary: £43,454 - £47,967 pro rata
Ravenswood School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated person for the position of Assistant Head with SENCo responsibilities. Ravenswood is an all age (4-18 years) school for children with complex special needs; including specialist provision for ASD pupils. We are situated in Nailsea, 9 miles from Bristol and 7 miles from North Somerset coastline. The school is judged to be good by Ofsted (September 2017). We have a highly motivated and skilled staff team who are passionate about getting things right for every student to succeed. We are looking to appoint an inspirational teacher and leader.
You will be:
• an excellent teacher with a proven record of raising achievement
• committed to the progress and well-being of all children.
• able to maintain the warm and caring ethos of our school.
• able to accept challenges, inspire and motivate others.
• passionate about children’s learning and development at all ages and levels.
• prepared to bring fresh perspectives to new education initiatives.
In return we can offer
• A perfect opportunity to play a significant role in leading and further improving the school
• Excellent opportunities for professional development and career progression.
• A dynamic and dedicated staff and governor team; committed to pupil success.
• Motivated children and supportive parents.
• A friendly and supportive working environment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment; please contact Mark Senior, Headteacher on 01275 854134 or email email@example.com Further details are available in the Job Description below. To apply for this position use the Teacher application form available via the links at the top of this page or from the school office.
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Tour of School for prospective candidates: 2.30pm Tuesday 2nd October 2018
Closing Date: 12:00pm Monday 8th October 2018
Interview Date: Monday 15th October 2018
Hours: Full-time plus inset days
Salary: MPS or UPS plus SEN allowance
We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, exceptional teacher to teach our amazing pupils.
Ravenswood School is an all-age special school for children with complex needs and SLD; many pupils have autism, ADHD or attachment disorder. In January 2014, Ofsted confirmed that Ravenswood is a good school, with much to commend it.
Do you have:
• Experience in teaching pupils with special needs?
• Excellent teaching skills based on assessment for learning?
• Experience in tracking pupils’ progress and implementing personalised learning programmes?
• Experience in teaching children who show high anxieties and possible challenging behaviours?
• Good knowledge of the new primary curriculum?
• Effective communication skills to work as part of a team?
If so, then this position may be the job for you. In return we offer:
• A highly supportive team
• An opportunity to be part of the strategic development of our school
• A commitment to your professional development
• And great youngsters to teach!
Ravenswood School is an equal opportunities employer and is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Further details and an application form can be obtained from the school web site, in the leadership and management section. Prospective applicants are welcome to visit and tour the school at 2.30pm Monday 24th September.
Closing Date: 12:00pm, Wednesday 26th September 2018
Interview Date: Monday 1st October 2018
If you are interested in joining us as a member of supply staff or a volunteer please contact Mark Senior (Deputy Head) via the details on the Contact page.
LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT - CASUAL
Salary: JG3 £16,781 per annum pro-rata
Ravenswood is an all age Special School for pupils with complex needs. This includes pupils with severe learning difficulties, those with communication difficulties and those with emotional/social difficulties. We also have provision for autistic children.
We are seeking to appoint Casual Learning Support Assistants to join our committed and enthusiastic team. The successful candidates will be committed to raising pupils’ standards of achievement throughout the school day and in supporting pupils developing social and emotional development. We are particularly interested in appointing LSAs with musical or creative abilities who are willing to use skills in showcasing pupils’ achievements.
Ravenswood is an equal opportunities employer and an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Further details are available via the links below. To apply for this position please use the Support Staff application form (see links at the top right of this page).
Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 20th June 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed