All our courses are designed to help students develop personal, social academic and vocational skills. They include:
• Functional Skills – English and Maths
• ASDAN Employability course
• ASDAN Personal & Social Development (PSD)
• ASDAN Personal Progress
• Sports Coach Leadership Skills
• First Aid
• Food Handling
Learning is based in the community; local sports centres, other schools; Nailsea & Bristol facilities.
Our Post 16 facilities are also very important. Students have their own Common Room with computers, games and a place to chat.
Even though our students are at school to learn, we recognise the importance of having fun whilst doing so.
So far this year, we have joined together to celebrate Intrasports and the Shoebox Appeal.
Students attend Weston College one day a week. They have an opportunity to try different vocational courses and experience college life with the support of our staff.
Courses available this academic year include:
• Hair and Beauty
• Animal Care
• Cycle and Car Maintenance
Post 16 students take part in a 2 week WEX placement in the local community. This gives each student the opportunity to develop and practise their vocational skills.
A key priority for us is to ensure students have a well planned transition to adulthood. We support them through a person centred approach supporting then in moving towards their next steps and future ambitions.
• Teachers and Adults trained and experienced in teaching students with complex SEN
• Full time provision – 5 days a week
• Behaviour Support Team
• Family Support Advisor
• Health care
• Multi-Agency support
• A person centred approach in supporting transitions into adulthood including college, housing, activities in the community and managing health needs.
Our Post 16 department is open to students with a statement of SEN or an EHC plan.