Our aims are for all pupils to be Safe, Happy and Prepared for their next steps by:
• providing the best possible education for every pupil, in a safe environment, with support to promote independence with learning, care and guidance-needs.
• providing all pupils with the key skills they need to communicate with others and express their wants, needs and likes.
• providing clear guidance for all pupils to manage their behaviour through clear expectations, rewards and sanctions.
• ensuring pupils are taught how to keep themselves and others safe at home in the community and online.
• ensuring high standards of teaching throughout the school day, providing an exciting curriculum and a positive and attractive learning environment for every pupil, group and class.
• providing a pathway at the end of KS4 and the end of post-16 for every young person, preparing them for further learning and life as an adult.
• keeping staff informed about school matters and consulting with them on significant changes in school organisation, curriculum development, policies and procedures.
• keeping parents and carers informed of their child’s progress, wellbeing at school and strategies to support at home.
• using robust evidence and working closely with staff and governors in evaluating the school’s performance and planning our strategic direction.
Through the very high standards that adults model around the school, we expect all our pupils to be Safe, Ready and Respectful by:
• Valuing each individual’s voice
• Building self-esteem and confidence
• Understanding right and wrong
• Showing respect and understanding for others
• Valuing the community and world in which we live
• Being proud members of the school community